15 THINGS I ATE (AND DRANK) IN HONG KONG


I was a very bad boy in Hong Kong -- I ate a LOT. I also didn't take a lot of notes so expect a lot of the food items below missing a lot of important details like where I had them and how much they cost. Just enjoy the photos :)


1. THIS SCALLOPS RICE MEAL FROM CAFE DE CORAL


Café de Coral is a fast food chain in HK but with slightly more sosyal food choices. I got this rice meal with some pieces of scallops, mushroom, and vegetables. It wasn’t life-changing. The sauce was just okay but the rice was really nice.

2. CRISPY BREAD WITH CONDENSED MILK, AND MILK TEA FROM TSUI WAH




It was around 3pm or 4pm and we were already so tired from all the shopping and walking on our first day that we just had to sit and eat somewhere – anywhere. We went inside Tsui Wah coz it was nearby. Their milk tea is okay – normal milk tea (I’ve tasted similar/better), and their best-selling crispy bread is something I think my yaya can also make at home.

3. PASTA FROM THE CHEESECAKE FACTORY



The two dishes we ordered turned out to be really, really good: Four Cheese Pasta (penne, mozzarella, ricotta, Romano and parmesan cheese, marinara sauce, fresh basil) and Pasta with Chicken and Lemon Garlic Sauce (chicken breast sautéed with garlic, herbs, tomato and white wine in a lemon garlic cream sauce tossed with spaghetti). The serving was kinda small so it’s pretty expensive at $136 each (almost P900).

4. THE FABULOUS BROWN BREAD FROM THE CHEESECAKE FACTORY



The pasta dishes were pretty expensive but the good thing is that there was free bread – good bread, especially this sweet brown oats-encrusted one. It was so good we asked for more about four times. Nagpa take out pa kami!

5. THE CHEESECAKES FROM THE CHEESECAKE FACTORY DUH



Of course we had to order a couple of slices of cheesecake!  On top of the menu is their bestseller, White Chocolate Caramel Mcadamia Nut ($75/almost P500), so we ordered that. It was so good and decadent and moan-inducing, as expected. We also got the Key Lime Cheesecake (same price), which I prefer. So tart, so flavorful, so good.

6. MEAT AND RICE AND NOODLES FROM SOME PLACE



We made sure we ate at the local eateries. Hit or miss talaga. There was this one place where we got this meat and rice dish, which was… normal. We also got a noodle dish, which tasted like a couple of packs of Lucky Me pancit canton – without the seasoning. As in mas masarap pa yung Lucky Me.

7. THE SPICY JALAPENO CHICKEN BURGER FROM MCDONALD'S



When I’m in another country I only eat at McDonald’s when there’s something on their menu that’s not available in the Philippines. So in HK I tried this burger, which was pretty spicy and good. The fries tasted the same, but I was surprised to get this super small cup of orange juice. However, when I took a sip, it tasted like legit fresh orange juice so I then understood.

8. A CHOCOLATE BANANA DRINK FROM MCDONALD'S


I just had to try it. It turned out to be good. Banana flavor there, milk chocolate was moan-inducing. Cute cup, too.

9. THIS BEEF NOODLE SOUP FROM SOME PLACE


My officemates ordered this and I just had to have a taste. It was sooo good. The meat was tender and melt-in-your-mouth. Perfection in a bowl. Too bad I don’t remember the name of the place.

10. THIS SPICY NOODLE SOUP FROM SOME PLACE


This one was so promising but it turned out to be a disaster. It had all these herbs and peanuts and ground meat, plus the soup was sweet and sour. The catch was that it was extremely spicy. It was so spicy one of us had a tummyache and another’s lips got swollen. I let it cool down and tried again; it was a little better but I couldn’t really finish it anymore. As in we only got to consume one-third of it. Sayang because it tasted really good. Will go ask for a non-spicy version next time. If I get to find this place next time.

11. THIS BOWL OF SOUP FROM SOME PLACE


Forgive me for being a tease and for being useless but I don’t really remember where we got this – basta near a 7 Eleven in IFC mall. But it wasn’t the best so okay lang. And it took forever to arrive.

12. DIMSUM FROM THAT SAME PLACE


These took forever to arrive, too. Good thing they were pretty good. We ordered a bunch of different ones but I forgot to took note coz we were arguing with the waitresses na.

13. THIS BURGER VALUE MEAL FROM MOS BURGER


I enjoyed my pumpkin croquette burger (the croquette was sweet and tasty, the shredded cabbage provided crunch, the katsu sauce was strong), but I should have opted for fries or onion rings instead of the pumpkin croquette side coz that was exactly what’s in my burger. And oh, the matcha tea latte was okay.

14. PEKING DUCK AND VEGGIES FROM SOME PLACE


Met up with some cool people and I was so busy getting to know them that I didn’t know where they brought me. The Peking duck was sadly a little tough and the greens were bland, but the other stuff (sadly not in the photo) were pretty good: the coffee, the bread with condensed milk, the glazed meat.

15. PEPPERMINT MILK GREEN TEA FROM GONG CHA


There are so many milk tea stalls in HK but I ended up getting something from Gong Cha, which is very much available in the Philippines. I got something not (yet) available here: peppermint milk green tea. It didn’t change my life. Let’s just say I’m okay with it not being available here in the country.

Photos taken using a Fujifilm X-A2

Popular posts from this blog

TOMS OPENS FLAGSHIP STORE IN SM MEGAMALL’S MEGA FASHION HALL

I AUDITIONED FOR SMOKEY MOUNTAIN

MY 3-YEAR-OLD IS ALREADY WEARING A BRA