14 OOTD SPOTS IN HONG KONG


When I went to Taipei last February, I ended up with a lot of nice photos because there was a lot of cool backgrounds. I told myself I’d take a lot of OOTD photos again next time I travel out of the country. Unfortunately, when I went to Bangkok last June, I didn’t have a lot of time (and a good photog) to do that.

Good thing I had a lot of those – time and good photographers – when I went to Hong Kong last month.

Here are some of the spots where I had my photo taken. Some of them are the usual and obvious ones (you’d see a lot of similar photos on Instagram), but there are also some unexpected ones that called my name the moment I saw them, instantly making me call one of my companions (para picture-an ako, of course).


1. THIS WATERFALLS-WALL AT THE LANGHAM


I don’t remember which floor it’s on but it’s the one right outside the LEGO store. Not the most breathtaking background – you can’t even see the water – but if you find yourself at the mall and want to have a photo taken then this is a pretty nice spot.

2. THE TOWER AT 1881 HERITAGE



I checked IG and not a lot of people have photos here but I find it pretty photogenic because of those “brick” walls. There are some nice spots on some of the other floors, too.

3. THIS AREA NEAR THE CLOCK TOWER IN TSIM SHA TSUI






I went nuts when I saw all these walls that looked like they were covered in tiles or bricks. Didn’t even bother to check – I went straight to having my photos taken there because I didn’t want to be left behind.

4. THE CLOCK TOWER IN TSIM SHA TSUI


Kinda challenging to have it in the background but you do what you have to do coz it’s one of those famous HK landmarks.

5. TRAIN STATION STOPS



Each stop had a pretty cool color like this grey-tinged lavender.



And then this bright red over at another stop also registered pretty well.

6. INSIDE THE TRAIN




This is always a nice location for a shoot, especially when most of the commuters have already gone. Other times you have to ignore the few who do look at you, and then just crop the extras later on.

7. INSIDE NGONG PING CABLE CAR



It’s hard to flaunt your outfit from head to toe inside a cable car but it’s okay when you don’t get to do it as long as you get that awesome view in the frame.

8. THIS BUTTERFLY WALL IN NGONG PING


A little too girly for some and you’d have to be wearing the right clothes in order to pull off having a photo here.

9. OUTSIDE THIS PINK/GREEN/BLUE HOUSE IN NGONG PING



An officemate saw this corner and it offers so many nice photogenic spots – the wooden doors, the pink walls, the tree, the whole corner – that we spent about 30 minutes here.

10. THIS SPOT IN NGONG PING WITH THESE TWO CIRCLES


I don’t even remember how the whole wall looks like but I knew that I just had to have a photo here the moment I saw the two circles. Parang pang-Zagu ad lang.

11. IFC MALL PATHWAY



All the lines here make the photo look nice, and I like how there seems to be some sort of airplane right behind me. For a really good shot you really have to time it when there’s no one. When we were there, there was signal number 8 so we pretty much had the place for ourselves (but still ended up with photos where you see other people hahaha).

12. UNDER THIS HONG KONG SIGN



Very touristy but everyone I was with just had to have a photo opp under this sign near Park Hotel. Now THIS is proof I was in HK ;)

13. THIS COLORFUL WALL IN TSIM SHA TSUI



Just look at how pretty that wall is! It’s a pretty busy place, though; there were many passersby but my officemate and I managed to take a LOT of photos here.

14. THIS TILED FLOOR IN NGONG PING



I knew I just had to have some photos here the moment I saw it. I didn’t want to cause traffic so my officemate and I tried to get a lot of shots, which was pretty challenging because this was right smack in the middle of Ngong Ping – which explains all the feet you see in these photos.

Photos taken using a Fujifilm X-A2

Popular posts from this blog

TOMS OPENS FLAGSHIP STORE IN SM MEGAMALL’S MEGA FASHION HALL

I AUDITIONED FOR SMOKEY MOUNTAIN

MY 3-YEAR-OLD IS ALREADY WEARING A BRA